We are excited to present the progress of NESTcc, the National Evaluation System for health Technology Coordinating Center at The MedTech conference in September. NESTcc is now up and running and interested in furthering its partnerships with the MedTech industry to increase opportunities for using Real-World Evidence. We are looking forward to providing multiple avenues for engagement between attendees at The MedTech Conference and NESTcc. We invite you to:
- Join us for the NESTcc Session;
- Connect with us through a one-on-one consultation; or
- Chat with us at the MDIC Booth.
NESTcc launched its Data Network in 2017. We are currently testing the Data Network’s capabilities through test-cases submitted by MedTech companies. We are eager to collaborate with partners across the ecosystem; for example, you can submit a Consultation Request to us online.
Attendees of The MedTech Conference will be able to engage with NESTcc in three different ways:
- Learn more about NESTcc at the NESTcc Session: We will be hosting a Session entitled Advances in Leveraging Real-World Evidence (RWE) through NESTcc Test-Cases on Monday, September 24 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. The session will be moderated by Dr. Rachael Fleurence, Executive Director of NESTcc and will include Dr. Jeff Shuren, Center Director at the FDA, as well as industry and health system collaborators discussing the progress of NESTcc and how you can engage.
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation: Through the MedTech Connect app, you will be able schedule a one-on-one meeting with our staff by searching ‘NESTcc.’ During these meetings, we’ll be able to discuss potential collaborations, provide information on the Data Network, and describe the processes of partnering with NESTcc—all with a specific focus on your organization. We encourage you to schedule a consultation in advance. If you have questions regarding a consultation, please contact us at NESTcc@mdic.org.
- Speak with staff at the MDIC booth (#650): Stop by Booth #650 to speak with MDIC staff—including NESTcc staff—to learn about NESTcc and other MDIC initiatives. Staff will also be able to help you schedule one-on-one consultations for your organization.
We look forward to meeting with you in Philadelphia!
By Rachael Fleurence, PhD and Rachel Rath, MPH