As of today, we have just 40 days until The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed kicks off in San Jose! There is so much to look forward to during our time in Silicon Valley...one of which is that we will be in a region world-renowned for its entreprenuerial spirit, tech start ups, investor community and more.
Here's a look at some of the highlights of the California medical technology/life sciences community, based on recently released data from the California Life Sciences Association:
- The state is home to 3,040 life sciences companies and 1,714 medical device and equipment manufacturers
- In 2015, the FDA approved more than 250 medical devices developed by CA-based companies
- CA leads the nation when it comes to venture capital investment in the life sciences, with $4.4 billion in 2016
- The life sciences industry accounted for 884,200 direct, indirect and induced jobs in 2016
- 68,300 of those were direct jobs in the Bay Area alone
- There were nearly 200 more life sciences companies based in CA in 2016 than there were in 2015
We've collaborated with the California Life Sciences Association to develop this overview which also highlights some California-centric conference programming like California Alley in the Exhibit Hall, MedTech Innovator Showcase, and CA-based speakers and companies participating in the program.
Download it now to dive in...and hope to see you in San Jose!